Research paper introductionAugust 22, 2014 - Posted to Assignment writing tips
Drafting the research paper introduction can seem to be difficult if you do not follow a proper way to do it. The fact is that it is easy to create an introduction as long as you follow certain guidelines. The introduction to a research paper is designed to give your readers an idea of what is to follow next in your paper.
It is impossible to write a paper without any introduction. Every kind of academic writing requires an introduction to the topic. It carries the essence of your research work, and needs to be dealt with great care, and must be organized properly. The introduction is closely linked with the body of the paper as well as the conclusion.
The papers that have a good introduction can lead students to get good scores. It is a fact that most readers read the introduction to get an idea of the paper and then decide whether they would continue reading it. Your introduction should be such that it generates interest among the readers to read more about the paper.
The following tips will help you to draft the perfect research paper intro.
- Remember this is the first page the reader will read. It should be concise and simple enough to inform the reader about what they can expect from the research paper. In just few words, you should be able to introduce your research topic as well as your argument or explanation of the same.
- Your introduction should include the central idea of your research. You must also give your main resource reference. This gives a good idea to your professor about where you got your material from.
- Essence - The first sentence of your introductory paragraph should convey the essence of the paper. The main body of your paper should form the body of your introduction.
- Prepare an outline - It serves as the framework of your introduction. You can just write down ideas that you wish to expound on and then arrange them in a logical manner. You can prepare two to three outlines and show them to your friends for approval. They can judge the one that appeals the most. First, it is important to decide a topic that is interesting to you. Once you have determined your topic, you will need to conduct some research to see if there is enough material on the same. After you have finalized the topic, you can make an outline of the paper.
- Objective of your paper - This is an important part of your introduction. What is it that you wish to achieve in your paper after having reviewed relevant data? This will make the purpose of your paper clearer to the reader.
- How you plan to resolve the issue - A part of your introduction will contain information on what you intend to do to take care of the problem or meet the objectives. What are the outcomes of the study?
Write in a concise manner without discarding the important details. A two or three page introduction is sufficient to explain the content of your paper briefly. Make sure to revise your research paper introduction paragraph thoroughly several times after you have written it. This will help you hone your skills.
The introduction research paper has two purposes. The first aim is to lead the readers to something serious that is discussed in the paper. Second, it serves as an attention grabber. Through the introduction, the reader should be eager to know what is there in the body. You should keep in mind the profile of your reader while preparing the introduction. Keep yourself in the shoes of your reader and find out what is it that they would like to know. This will help you draft an appropriate introduction for your readers.
It is required that you be objective in writing a research paper introduction. In case you feel that your writing lacks objectivity, you can ask someone else to do a quick review of your paper. While writing the introduction, you might sway from the main topic and put in matter that should ideally be mentioned in the body of the paper. Think from the point of view of the reader. What is it that they need to be told about the paper? Will the introduction be able to hook their attention?
Writing an introduction for a research paper is the most crucial part of the paper. Many students find it very difficult to write research paper introductions as they are an important that it be clear and proper. EssayDragons.xom helps students of all levels in writing their term papers. We provide 100% plagiarism free and well-researched papers for high school college and university students. EssayDragons.xom helps students to write well formatted, non plagiarized introductory paragraph for research paper.